Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just a quick update

Adam and I went to the hospital around 11:00 and got some encouraging news! Blaze is doing great - his billi number is at 12 (up from 17) he is still a little jaundice but is looking much better! I got to actually hold him and feed him this time! YEAH!!! He has lost down to 6# 11oz so they started adding calories to his milk to pack on the pounds! We are hoping he will come home either this weekend or early next week! All of his nurses are amazed that he is still in the NICU they thought for sure he would have "graduated" to the intermediate by now!! Anyways, he may be in a big boy bassinet the next time we go! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! Blaze is a fighter and a possum! Well gotta go 3:30 feeding time is fast approaching! By the way Adam and I are at home with little J-man!

Just some sweet pictures from a few of our visits...the shades crack us up!

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad that he is doing well. WE have been praying for your little guy non stop. We miss you guys at school, and can't wait to meet Blaze. Love you ALL!!!

Ashley said...

Oh, Christy!!

He is precious!!! Congratulations. I'll be saying some prayers for sweet Blaze and I hope that he gets to come home soon!

Love you!!

YaYa and Pops said...

he is sooooooooo cute!!!!! glad for the good news! :)

Stacey N. (i'm on my mom's computer)

Scott and Michele said...

Congratulations!! He is a cutie and we are praying for him. Hope to see yall soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
It is so good to hear Blaze is doing better. He has had lots of prayers going up for him. Just gotta give him a little time. We can hardly wait to see him and hold him in our arms. Christy, so glad you are doing well. We love you all,
G'pa & G'ma Norton

Wendi75 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had no idea that Blaze had arrived! He is adorable and on a personal note he shares a birthday with my Papa Phillips:) Great day to be born! We will keep ya'll in our prayers and hopefully he will be home before you know it:)

B and V Leonard said...

Congratulations!! I'm thankful he is doing better. I know you will be ready to be home! We'll pray that will be soon.

Much love from the Leonards!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad sweet Blaze is here!!! I will be praying for him and you guys too!!! Can't wait to see him!!! Take care!!!

Kerry Woods

Jessica said...

come on Christy! it's time for new pictures. it was good seeing ya'll this week at school. i have missed ya'll.