Thursday, August 28, 2008

Why Does This Eye Keep Watering?

...because it's back to school time! Kinzie's first day of school was GREAT!! I fought a lump in my throat ALL DAY..made several calls to Adam about what I thought Kinzie was doing...and at 3:15 when I picked her up from school the flood gates opened...she SURVIVED her first day!! She looked so cute in her uniform...


The principal greeted everyone at the door and gave each student a welcome back pencil...I really think this was kinzie's favorite part!!! I know she has already been to school a week, but I am glad that I have waited on the blog...interesting things have happen this week...
*first day went like this...colored a puppy dog picture-ate lunch-went outside to play-rested-came home(pretty good)

*second day nothing out of the ordinary

*third day...closed finger in bathroom door had to go to nurse for ice pack...ate the cafeteria food and loved it

*fourth day...snuck fingernail polish to school in backpack...pulled it out during math class...note sent home(man I felt like I was the one in trouble)

*fifth day...GREAT DAY!! GOT 5 STICKERS FOR THE WEEK!!

Kinzie loves her school and her teacher...her teacher seems to be very patient and understanding...which is a good thing for all of Kinzie's shenanigans!!

7 comments:

TexasNeals said...

YAY! i have been anxiously awaiting this post! i'm so glad that she had a great week! she looks absolutely adorable in her uniform. ;) i'm glad you held up that first day. i thought about you and prayed for you both all day. i almost called you, but was afraid that might be a bit much.
i hope and pray that kinzie has an awesome year!!! :)

Silverthornes said...

Sounds like a busy week! Thanks for sharing. I think Kinzie is going to do just fine.
I laughed about the fingernail polish - At least Kinzie is going to school in style right?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kinzie, way to go!! You look so cute in your school clothes. So glad to hear you are having a great time at school.
Christy, Thanks so much for the pictures and the daily log. I know it's hard to let that first one go. (I loved the nail polish though):)
Love ya, Nita (Mimi)

Wendi75 said...

Oh my gosh! Christy, she looks just like you:) Such a pretty girl:) Is she in first grade this year or K? Cooper is loving his first grade class. Hope everyone is doing well!

Jessica said...

Go Kinzie Go!!! She looks beautiful and grown up in her school clothes.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is already old enough to go to school! Wow time flies! Kinzie looks great in her uniform! Keeps the cost of back to school clothes done, huh?
Love and miss you guys! Can't wait to see you all! Tell everyone I love them!
Charla

Chris and Becky said...

GREAT JOB ON THE LAST FEW POSTS. YOU R AREALLY COOL MOM!